Call: 2016 (Middle Temple)
Education: LL.B (Hons)
Associations: Family Law Bar Association, Midland Circuit
Prior to being Called to the Bar, Sajda has worked both as a solicitor in practice and as in house legal counsel.
In family, Sajda has acquired experience in a full range of hearings and accepts instructions in both private and public law matters.
In care proceedings, Sajda has acted on behalf of local authorities, parents and children. She has conducted hearings from initial application for an ICO/EPO through to case management conferences, part 25 applications, IRH and final hearings of 7 days or less. Her recent work has included:
- Acting for a parent where the local authority had issued applications for interim care orders in a case involving sensitive cultural and religious issues
- Acting for a local authority on an application for a care and adoption order where there were significant issues in relation to attachment and the upper age limit for adoption
- Acting for a vulnerable parent in a case involving an alleged non- accidental injury to a four month old baby
In private law children and domestic abuse, Sajda has acted for parents in disputes in relation to contact and residence. She has also acted for parents where there has been allegations of physical abuse, sexual abuse and parental alienation. Her recent work has included:
- Acting for a vulnerable parent with language difficulties in a fact find hearing where the court made significant findings against the father in relation to both physical and financial abuse
- Acting for a parent where the court appointed a guardian following serious allegations of parental alienation
- Acted for a parent where the specific issue order was suspended following relocation without consent
Sajda has undertaken work acting on behalf of both Claimant and Defendants in small claims, credit hire, stage 3 and infant approval hearings.
Sajda also has conducted case management hearings, preliminary applications for strike out, specific disclosure and applications for relief from sanctions.
Sajda has represented individuals in the first- tier tribunal on appeals in both nationality and asylum cases.
Sajda is fluent in Urdu and Punjabi.