Halcyon Chambers’ Family Team specialises in all areas of family law with many years of experience between them. In particular, our barristers have experience in:
- Private child arrangements including contact and residence disputes together with disputes relating to schooling, holidays abroad, change of name, declarations of parentage, same-sex parenting, surrogacy disputes and special guardianship
- Internal and international relocation disputes including to non-Hague Convention countries and Wardship
- Public law children matters including care proceedings, adoption and placement, deprivation of liberty and removal from jurisdiction
- Forced marriage and FGM
- Domestic abuse cases including applications for non-molestation orders and occupation orders
- Divorce and separation
- Financial remedy proceedings, TOLATA applications and cases under Schedule 1 Children Act 1989
In children cases, the team accepts instructions from local authorities, parents, grandparents, other family members, as well as children through the Children’s Guardian, and from NYAS and the Official Solicitor. The team have experience in cases involving death of children, sexual abuse, non-accidental injuries, fictitious illness, ‘shaken baby syndrome’, parental alienation and the effect of domestic abuse on the victim parent.
In divorce, separation and family finance cases, the team accepts instructions from divorcing parents, those who are judicially separating, unmarried couples and intervenors. They have experience in all types of cases from the those with modest assets to high net worth individuals.
Whilst being determined and effective advocates, the Family Team prides itself on being able to provide grounded and realistic advice which enables their clients to reflect on their case and achieve the best possible outcome. Feedback from instructing solicitors’ often praises the teams’ ability to resolve disputes quickly whilst reaching a favourable outcome for our clients.
The team are renowned for being friendly and approachable, and are supported by an experienced and helpful clerking team that ensures that the service provided to both our instructing solicitors and lay clients is second to none.